JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI R&T) serves as the Secretariat of the Child Health Task Force, funded by USAID’s Global Health and Africa Bureaus through the USAID Advancing Nutrition project. The Task Force, a global network of child health stakeholders, is aiming to improve operationalization of multi-sectoral action for children, learning from countries collaborating across sectors. This activity is funded by USAID’s Africa Bureau Office of Sustainable Development.
Overview of consultant activities:
- conduct interviews in English and Spanish with key informants involved in policy and implementation to understand facilitators and hindrances to multi-sectoral programs for children. The consultant team will choose key informants from promising programs identified in a recent literature review. The findings from these interviews will form the basis of a case study highlighting evidence from at least two countries, one in Africa and one in Latin America, to illustrate effective multi-sectoral programming (to inform multiple sectors, including health, education, nutrition, and water, sanitation, and hygiene or WASH).
- transcribe and analyze the interviews to develop the country case study final report.
- present findings from the report to the Child Health Task Force members through one or more webinars
- collaborate with the Re-imagining the Package of Care for Children subgroup and school health and education team to facilitate learning on multi-sectoral approaches through the Task Force
- Masters degree in a development field e.g. public health or international development
- Minimum 8 years experience in global development
- Advanced Spanish language skills
- Proven experience in leading multi-sectoral programming (experience in Latin America preferred)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Qualitative research skills (including experience with interviews)
- Experience in high level collaboration with partners from a multi-sectoral and multi-cultural perspective
JSI is seeking a consultant to lead the qualitative data collection and analysis for a case study to illustrate effective implementation and coordination between sectors. Please see the attached scope of work for the details of the position and desired qualifications.
To apply, please submit your application materials to email@example.com and include the following required materials (cover letter and CV) and include the title of the consultancy in the subject line of the email.