JSI is seeking a Program Coordinator (PC) to support the USAID-funded Child Health Task Force Secretariat. The Task Force is a global network of over 3,000 individuals from 300 organizations and 80 countries who are committed to strengthening comprehensive child health programs through advocacy, coordination, learning, knowledge management and partnership with countries. The Task Force convenes and coordinates stakeholders to share knowledge and innovative solutions to programmatic issues. The Task Force develops new and improves existing tools and works with country partners to translate evidence into stronger child health programs that are equitable and sustainable.
The Secretariat, led by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc., with funding through the USAID Advancing Nutrition project, coordinates and supports the Task Force network. The network is organized into 10 thematic subgroups, including emergencies and humanitarian settings, digital health and innovations, implementation science, institutionalizing integrated community case management (iCCM), monitoring and evaluation, commodities, nutrition, private sector engagement, quality of care, and re-imagining the package of care for children; each subgroup is led by 2-3 co-chairs. The Steering Committee of the Task Force provides the Task Force with guidance and oversight, setting the strategic vision.
The majority of the PC’s time will be spent in support of the global Child Health Task Force Secretariat with the opportunity to support communications and new business development efforts for JSI’s Center for Healthy Women, Children and Communities (HWCC) as needed. The Center for HWCC works to ensure that JSI develops and implements state-of-the-art, sustainable, and integrated programs to expand women’s, children’s, and families’ access to high-quality health services.
Work with the Task Force Program Director and Project Officer to provide overall support to the Secretariat, Steering Committee, and membership including:
- Assist in the development of the Task Force annual work plan and monitor activity progress
- Draft quarterly and annual reports on work plan progress for USAID
- Collaborate with the Project Officer to schedule and coordinate Steering Committee, co-chairs, subgroup, and Task Force-wide meetings, both in-person and via webinar or other online platforms
- Monitor subgroup progress and work with co-chairs to push work plan agendas forward
- Collaborate with Knowledge Management Advisor to create new Task Force and subgroup resources and quarterly newsletter
- Manage and develop social media content for the Task Force LinkedIn account and other platforms
- Work with the Project Officer to manage resources on the Task Force website and create new content as the need arises
- Use Google analytics on a quarterly basis to track how members are utilizing the Task Force website
- Monitor and maintain the Task Force email account, membership list, sub-lists and Google Group
- Track membership participation in subgroup and Task Force-wide meetings
- Collaborate with the Project Officer to schedule and lead weekly team meetings with Program Director and Knowledge Management Advisor, as well as meetings with USAID
- Work with the Project Officer to recruit consultants and vendors to support Task Force activities, monitor contracts and invoice payments, and track budget expenses
- Other duties as needed, including support to the Center for HWCC which could include meeting and global conference coordination, preparation of communications materials as well as new business development efforts
Qualified applicants should submit their materials through the JSI Careers page.