The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Advancing Nutrition project is the Agency’s flagship nutrition project, led by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), and a diverse group of experienced partners. Launched in September 2018, USAID Advancing Nutrition implements and provides technical support to nutrition interventions across sectors and disciplines for USAID and its partners. The project’s multi-sectoral approach draws together global nutrition experience to design, implement and evaluate programs that address the root causes of malnutrition. Committed to using a systems approach, USAID Advancing Nutrition strives to sustain positive outcomes by building local capacity, supporting behavior change and strengthening the enabling environment to save lives, improve health, build resilience, increase economic productivity and advance development.
The Finance and Operations Officer is a member of the project’s Finance and Operations (F&O) team and will work closely with other F&O team members to provide support to country program implementation and to the day-to-day project financial and administrative processes at the home office. Primary duties include backstopping field office financials, maintaining budget trackers, and providing guidance on the day-to-day project financial and administrative processes. Staff are working in a hybrid capacity; however, this position will be based in the JSI’s Arlington, VA office and will be supervised by the Finance and Operations Manager. The salary range for this position is $55,125 - $73,946.
The Finance and Operations Officer will:
- Direct financial and operational support to USAID Advancing Nutrition country office activities in close collaboration with the finance team and the country program support staff.
- Participate in the budgeting process, as needed.
- Review country monthly expenditure reports (field accounts), which includes review of all vouchers, receipts, and reports for their correctness and proper documentation in line with JSI policies and donor requirements.
- Provide feedback to the project office on issues and corrections to the field accounts data, trouble shooting in QuickBooks when needed.
- Update the internal Budget Tracking Sheet monthly with expenditures.
- Monitor field office burn rates and process monthly cash flow requests.
- Review procurement documents from the field office, providing feedback on the documents and drafting the relevant requests. Liaise with finance team and country offices on procurements.
- Work with the project staff in ensuring the implementation of corporate and donor policies and procedures and standard accounting practices.
- In coordination with the assigned Home Office Case Manager, provide administrative support for Fraud Response Teams to investigate incidents of fraud and theft.
- Carryout overseas assignments as needed and as skills allow.
- Provide support to the project’s close out activities in country offices and at Home Office.
- Perform other duties as determined by the Finance and Operations Manager and Finance and Operations Director.
Qualified applicants should submit their materials through the JSI Careers page.