USAID Advancing Nutrition is working to sustain improved diets and support the Bureau for Resilience and Food Security goals of reducing hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Diet quality is a key contributor to nutrition and health outcomes throughout the world, with suboptimal diets responsible for more than 10 million deaths per year. To improve diets, we partner with governments, communities, and the private sector to improve the supply of and demand for diverse, safe, and nutritious foods among individuals and communities. We also work with researchers and implementers to build evidence on how food systems can contribute to improved diets and nutrition, particularly for vulnerable populations.
- Aligns stakeholders' visions around food systems
- Measures components of the food environment toward understanding their ability to support improved diets
- Strengthens governments’ capacity for effective programming
- Engages the private sector and policy makers to strengthen food systems for nutrition
- Translates evidence into recommended actions.