Working across and through varied sectors, we provide technical support to and implementation of nutrition interventions for USAID and its partners to address the root causes of malnutrition.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH)
- Economic growth
- Early childhood development
- Social protection
Our activities include:
nutrition-specific and nutrition-sensitive program design, implementation, and learning to—
- strengthen nutrition in health service platforms
- support early childhood development within nutrition services
- bolster food systems to make nutritious foods available and affordable year-round
- improve food security and nutrition of poor and vulnerable populations, including those in humanitarian and fragile contexts.
monitoring and evaluation
professional and institutional capacity development, including pre-service education
social and behavior change
support to nutrition policy and multi-stakeholder coordination
strengthen nutrition programming in humanitarian contexts
USAID Advancing Nutrition provides technical assistance to USAID to support the implementation of the "Multi-Sectoral Nutrition Strategy 2014-2025" in the many countries where USAID works, building on work conducted through current and previous nutrition and related investments, such as the Food and Nutrition Technical Assistance III (FANTA-III) and Strengthening Partnerships, Results, and Innovations in Nutrition Globally (SPRING) projects.
This mechanism provides an increased focus on comprehensive and integrated nutrition interventions; systems strengthening; implementation research related to multi-sectoral nutrition programming; private sector engagement; quality improvement; and surveillance, monitoring, evaluation, and learning.