USAID Advancing Nutrition is the Agency’s flagship nutrition project, led by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), and a diverse group of experienced partners. Launched in September 2018, USAID Advancing Nutrition implements and provides technical support to nutrition interventions across sectors and disciplines for USAID and its partners. The project’s multi-sectoral approach draws together global nutrition experience to design, implement and evaluate programs that address the root causes of malnutrition. Committed to using a systems approach, USAID Advancing Nutrition strives to sustain positive outcomes by building local capacity, supporting behavior change and strengthening the enabling environment to save lives, improve health, build resilience, increase economic productivity and advance development.
The project coordinator will work to keep the Knowledge Management (KM) team organized and on schedule through day-to-day administrative support. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, have experience providing administrative support, able to learn new systems and processes quickly, and able to balance multiple tasks/activities and ad hoc requests at once. They will coordinate internal and external meetings, including meetings with USAID. The project coordinator can expect to support operational tasks and project deliverables including webinar planning, updating the project website, and contributing to the project’s communication strategy. They may be asked to contribute to editing and formatting of publications and other knowledge management and communications tasks as needed. They are based in Arlington, VA and will report to the KM Director. The salary range for this position is $52,500 - $59,050.
USAID Advancing Nutrition is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The project coordinator will:
- Support day-to-day KM team operations, including meeting coordination and agenda development, and note taking.
- Support coordination of internal and external meetings, conferences, workshops, webinars, and other events, including remote participation.
- Support general procurement, vendor relations, payment processing, participant travel, planning coordination, materials development and inventory tracking, and calendar management.
- Conduct content searches for nutrition knowledge resources and then organize and share them with the KM Team and USAID in support of bi-monthly resource reviews.
- Provide back-up editing, formatting, and layout support as needed.
- Maintain team-tracking documents and tools, including updates to the deliverables tracker, publications inventory tracker, project Google Calendars, and other tools.
- Provide support to administer Slack as a primary communication platform for project staff.
- Maintain team filing systems by saving and updating necessary documents including: job aids, guidance, curricula, job descriptions, work plans, budgets, strategy documents, and progress reports on the project’s shared Google Drive folders and project Intranet.
- Oversee project 508 compliance strategy, working with the program coordinator to ensure all external publications are 508 compliant and posted to USAID’s Development Experience Clearinghouse within 30 days of publication.
- Work with the publications team to ensure an efficient process from approval to posting and archiving.
- Coordinate payments to outside vendors and provide financial and budgetary support under the direction of KM activity leads.
- Contribute to the project’s communication strategy, supporting the communications officer in developing web and social media content and assist with dissemination of project publications.
- Perform other related duties as requested or assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: Post-graduate work experience preferred, but work experience through Peace Corps, school and/or summers accepted. Recent graduates are encouraged to apply!
- Exceptionally organized and attentive to detail; able to create and maintain organizational systems for professional collaboration.
- Excellent communicator, able to synthesize complex information clearly and accurately.
- Comfortable helping others prioritize and stay organized in a busy, fluid environment.
- Ability to work independently and in groups; manage multiple tasks concurrently; and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully in a multicultural team environment. Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients, and consultants.
- Ability to work comfortably in the Microsoft Office applications, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Google Workspace (Google Docs, Drive, Slides, etc.).
- Experience in planning and coordinating events, travel logistics, and basic financial management.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience with corporate file management systems.
- Confident in taking initiative within defined scope and driving work independently.
- Solution-oriented and proactive when faced with problems and gaps in information.
- Experience with Slack.