This interactive workshop series brought together implementers to explore nutrition SBC best practices from a new perspective. Participants learned about what nutrition programmers are doing and how to achieve positive complementary feeding results using an evidence-based, behavior-centered approach through storytelling, videos, discussions, and hands-on exercises. We worked together to unpack the complexity of complementary feeding through an SBC approach that aligns sectors and actors to achieve intended outcomes. Participants left the series with a suite of practical tools they can use in their own programming.
This series consisted of three workshops and three informal office hours sessions to maximize engagement and leave space for sharing and problem solving. Read our key takeaways document to learn more! In addition, review the materials from our summary webinar, ".
Workshop Series Schedule
- May 18, 2023 - Workshop I: Achieve More with Less Resources! Start with the Outcomes (Behaviors) and Prioritize
- May 25, 2023 - Office Hours I: Writing and Prioritizing Behaviors
- June 1, 2023 - Workshop II: For Deep and Lasting Change, Follow the Pathways!
- June 8, 2023 - Office Hours II: Designing Pathways to Change
- June 15, 2023 - Workshop III: Now’s the Time! The Case for Monitoring SBC
June 22, 2023 - Office Hours III: Monitoring Factors and Behaviors
- Laura Itzkowitz, Senior Nutrition and Social and Behavior Change Advisor, USAID Bureau for Global Health
- Linda Shaker Berbari, Nutrition Specialist, UNICEF
- Marcia Griffiths, Executive Director, The Manoff Group/JSI
- Silver Karumba, Project Management Specialist (Nutrition), USAID Rwanda
- Kenneth Mulondo, Social and Behavior Change Technical Advisor/Interim General Secretary, African Society for Social and Behavior Change
- Shaneka Thurman, Social and Behavior Change Advisor, USAID Advancing Nutrition
- Lisa Sherburne, Director of Social and Behavior Change, USAID Advancing Nutrition
- Kelsey Torres, Nutrition and Social and Behavior Change Advisor, USAID Advancing Nutrition
Workshop Recordings and Resources
Workshop I: Achieve More with Less Resources! Start with the Outcomes (Behaviors) and Prioritize
Workshop II: For Deep and Lasting Change, Follow the Pathways!
Workshop III: Now’s the Time! The Case for Monitoring SBC